Home > Medical Departments > Gastroenterology
Largest teaching unit in any Private Hospital of Eastern India with comprehensive and combined Medical and Surgical Gastroenterology services. The team comprises of highly reputed nationally and internationally acclaimed 9 Medical Gastroenterologists, 5 Surgical Gastroenterologists and 12 Postgraduate Trainee Doctors. It has 3 fully equipped Endoscopy suites, regularly performing routine and highly complex endoscopic procedures.
Procedures Routinely Performed
- Diagnostic Upper and Lower GI Endoscopy
- Management of Bleeding Ulcers
- Endoscopic Variceal Ligation
- Balloon Dilatation of Strictures
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)
- Foreign Body Removal
- ERCP with Biliary Stenting/Stone Extraction
- Metal Stenting for malignant oesophageal and Biliary stricture
- Pancreatic Stenting
- Double Balloon Enteroscopy
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS)
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Embolisation of bleeding vessels, Oesophageal & Rectal Manometry, Oesophageal pH Study, Hydroegen Breath Test and many more
- Liver Clinic- Chronic Viral Hepatitis B/C, Autoimmune Hepatitis, Drug Induced Liver Injury, Metabolic Liver Disease including Fatty Liver etc.
- Pancreatic Clinic – For Chronic Pancraetitis, Recurrent Acute Pancreatitis, Pancreatic Cancer.
- IBD Clinic for Ulcerative Colitis, Crohn’s Disease, Malabsorption Syndrome, Diarrhoeal Diseases.
- In house Gastroenterology and Liver Intensive Care Unit for 24x7 care of critically ill patients.