Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgery Department
Home > Medical Departments > Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgery
Department of cardiothoracic surgery has a team of dedicated & highly skilled professionals. This department performs all types of surgeries ranging from congenital heart surgeries, heart valve surgeries to coronary artery bypass and also complex combined procedures, re-do heart surgeries etc.
Heart surgeries performed:
- Coronary Artery Bypass grafting (CABG) adopting off pump, beating heart techniques (OPCAB), the use of single, bilateral internal mammary arteries ( LIMA-RIMA: Y graft) and radial artery with a success rate of over 98%
- Surgery for valvular heart disease: single, double valve replacement and reparative techniques of mitral, aortic and tricuspid valves.
- Congenital heart surgeries in adults and children like repair of ASDs & VSDs, Tetralogy of Fallot (TOF) and others.
- Peripheral Vascular Surgeries: Aortic Aneurysms, Aortobifemoral and femoropopliteal bypass grafting and others.
- Closed heart surgeries such as Ligation of Patent Ductus arteriosus (PDA), Co-arctation of aorta, BT shunts, closed mitral commissurotomy and others.
- Complex combined procedures in adults